Viral Hepatitis Prevention
Hepatitis A & B Vaccination
- We offer monovalent hepatitis A or B vaccine, as well as a combination vaccine.
- The monovalent series is 2 doses, with several weeks between doses. Monovalent hep A = 2 doses six months apart; Monovalent hep B = 2 doses one month apart
- The combination vaccine is 3 doses, with several weeks between doses. We will provide you with a reminder card after each dose so you can remember when to return! Combination = three doses 0, 1, 6 months from initial dose, 5 months between second and third doses
- No appointment necessary! Recommended to call ahead and confirm there is a provider available.
- Typically, vaccines are available Monday through Thursday, 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM.
Rapid Antibody Testing for Hepatitis C
- A finger prick test that checks for exposure to hepatitis C.
- It does NOT confirm an active infection. About 75% of people exposed to the hepatitis C virus develop a chronic infection, and only a PCR (also know as an RNA test or a viral load test) can confirm active infection.
- Results after 20 minutes! (Perk: $5 gift card!)
- If the test result is reactive, we will connect you with confirmatory testing.
- Typically, rapid antibody testing is available Monday through Thursday, 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM.
Confirmatory (PCR/RNA) Testing for Hepatitis C
- Individuals who have a reactive HCV antibody test should be tested to determine whether or not they resolved the infection or developed a chronic hepatitis C infection.
- A blood draw that tests for active hepatitis C infection.
- Results typically take one week and can determine if an individual may need hepatitis C treatment. (Perk: $15 gift card, or $20 when combined with hepatitis B test results!)
- If your results are positive, then we will connect you with medical case management if you like, or provide you with options for referrals as needed.
- Typically, confirmatory hepatitis C testing is available Monday through Thursday, 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM.
Hepatitis B Testing
- The test can tell you whether or not you need to be vaccinated for hepatitis B, whether or not you’ve been exposed to hepatitis B, and whether or not you have a hepatitis B infection.
- A blood draw that can easily be obtained alongside a hepatitis C confirmatory test!
- Results can take up to one week and can determine if someone is in need of the hepatitis B vaccine, has been exposed or is chronically infected. (Perk: $15 gift card, or $20 when combined with hepatitis C PCR test results!) Incentives are given when receiving test results.
- Typically, hepatitis B testing is available Monday through Thursday, 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM.